Latest QuickQuote Updates
We’re always working to improve QuickQuote to make it an even more powerful tool for our customers. Below you can find a list of our most recent updates to the software. Customers with a current updates subscription can log in and download these new features and improvements at no extra charge.
07/27/18 – Version 4.0.6
Do not uninstall your version of QuickQuote before doing an update. QuickQuote updates are incremental, so you must have a version of QuickQuote already installed in order for an update to work.
What’s New In Version 4.0.6
- We’ve added the long-requested company E-mail field to your Edit Company Information utility
- We’ve also added a setting called “Splash/Edge Unit Suffix” that will turn on the units for splashes and edge profiles, so that you will see what it calculated for them (i.e. “lnft”, “sqft”) next to the quantity
- We can customize your printout to display both of these as well, so feel free to contact us if you want to have yours adjusted.
- There is a new setting under Customize Schedule that will allow you to set an automatic refresh interval for the calendar. This way if you’re working in a multi-user environment, you can force the calendar to periodically refresh itself with the changes other users make without having to close/re-open it
- All activities created after this update will now display the name of the last user to modify them along with the last modified date
New Slab Features
- We have added an image cropper so that when you import a picture to use for the slab, you can crop it to the correct proportions for that slab without having to take it into another program like MS Paint
- We added a new setting for slabs that allows you to override the price level with its cost. This way you can still price per slab and be able to give each individual slab its own price. The price will operate on the same quantity as your pricing method, so if you’re pricing slabs per square foot the cost will be similarly multiplied by the square foot. Please note you still need to have a base price level for at least that slab’s size and color group for it to start with.
- Side labels used to always draw right smack dab in the center of the side, which could create a bunch of overlap with sinks and other dimension lines. There is now a little extra logic in the drawing engine that will attempt to push these labels away from the center when this happens so that you don’t have to do it manually with the CAD tools.
- Joint lines should now extend to and bisect arcs on sides
- Bisect line tool can now split across arcs and radiuses
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.6
- Fixed DXF Copy not checking the directory exists before trying to save
- Fixed error when a piece does not fit a given price level but the calculation for countertop units is based on area instead of quantity
- Fixed button to print the slab list showing up on the Create a Slab form
- Fixed parts in Slab Layout drawing joint lines incorrectly on the images for the parts
- Fixed corner dimensions drawing on parts in Slab Layout
- Fixed issue where saving a slab layout did not remove estimated slabs which was corrupting orders when other changes were made after layouts
- Fixed the tab order of the Shape Form
02/12/18 – Version 4.0.5
What’s New In Version 4.0.5
Customer Type Upgrades
- We’ve re-tooled the customer type utility to bring it in-line with the other utilities
- You can now add a new type by selecting from the customer type drop-down when creating a customer
- You can now delete customer types that are no longer in use
- We’ve added a separate modifier for slabs so that you can create tiered pricing just for the slabs without affecting the countertop price
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.5
- Adjusted drawing sizing when printing so that the drawing fills the image area on the printout better when it’s wider than it is tall
- Fixed estimated slabs not being removed when the last countertop of that color is removed
- Fixed default splash/edge not changing to match the one for the selected tab when switching between tabs
- Fixed cutouts not drawing from the same direction as the dimension entered on some alternate orientations for L and U shapes
- Fixed vertical R shape not drawing cutout properly
- Product and edge pictures in the corner of the drawing area will hide automatically when selecting zoom/area select tools so that they do not interrupt the selection process on mouse-over
- Switched backup compression to use Zip64 so that it should allow for larger file sizes
- Fixed different color slabs being combined to the same line item when they were the same size
- Fixed multiquote using slab description for slab qty
- Updated links from crystallyneonline.com to quickquotecountertops.com
- Updated license registration to work with the new quickquotecountertops.com purchasing system
10/20/17 – Version 4.0.4
What’s New In Version 4.0.4
- We have added the option to print your slab inventory list exactly as it appears in the grid, including any filters you want to apply, such as whether or not the slabs have been allocated to orders already
New Quote Printout
- We have created an entirely new quote printout option that breaks down pricing so that each individual countertop and the items attached to it are totaled up separately instead of summed up like the normal quote printout
- To print a quote this way, go to the File menu and select “Print Breakout Quote”
- This quote printout will use your basic quote as a template and does allow you to print multiple tabs together or separately
More Search Features
- You can now search the inventory list by the ordered/received/allocated dates as well as the quote number to which a slab might be allocated
- We added the same advanced search available for locating a customer for use in a quote to the customer utility
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.4
- “Change Line Color” in the Drawing menu should now use a color picker instead of asking for the integer of the color
- Price levels in linear/tabular/slab products should now sort by length/depth so that the order the levels are entered no longer matters
- Fixed joint line dimensions not drawing properly on the inside of L and U shapes
- Fixed estimated slabs not being deleted when a tab was removed, causing an error on load later
- Fixed QuickQuote using the previous printed drawing when printing a quote whose drawing area is empty
- Fixed label size on Edit Customer Form
- Fixed multiquote not pricing countertops when set to use precise square area in the Customize Products utility
- Fixed the description of slabs in the Option View
5/31/17 – Version 4.0.3
What’s New In Version 4.0.3
New Drawing Settings!
- We have added a bunch of new options in the Edit Drawing Defaults utility to give you more control over how QuickQuote draws things, including the colors of various labels, dimensions, and shape lines
- With the new settings you can turn on dimensions for items like cutouts, notches, and bumpouts that normally were not automatically drawn before. These include both dimensions of the item itself, such as height and width, as well as dimensions to position that item on the side selected, like the distance to the center line and setback dimension.
- Both main shape dimensions and individual subitems can have dimension lines and arrows
- Both main shape dimensions and individual subitems can be set to display or not display the dimension unit symbol
- You now have control over Radius, Miter, Cutout, and Sink labels. They can use the item code, no label, or a custom label you specify.
- You can also turn off the double-line drawn for backsplash
- Lastly, you can set QuickQuote to automatically save a .DXF copy of your drawing to a folder you specify
More Search Features
- Like the 4.0.2 update that created an advanced search for the slab list, we’ve added an advanced search option for the quote list. Just click the magnifying glass and you’ll be able to search by multiple criteria at once.
- We added a similar advanced search feature for the customer list
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.3
- Fixed category selection being wiped out when re-opening a shape for editing
- Fixed slab image not scaling properly in the utility and covering buttons
- Decreased loading time when entering slab layout
- Fixed New Tab window not sizing properly in some resolutions
- Fixed error if “-” is selected instead of an activity template when creating an activity
- Fixed service prices and sinks not saving the QBItem field properly
- Fixed QuickBooks Online browser connection not running in compatibility mode for IE7+
- Fixed “Miscellaneous” item type not saving as correct type
- Fixed losing slabs when a tab is renamed
- Fixed Add Premium option not showing the field for a default radius dimension
- Fixed ellipse cutout orientation on the back side of a dogleg or batwing shape
- Fixed label alignment issues with multiple modified sides
- Fixed UD/UR right-side corner not filling in with correct dimensions when re-opening a shape for editing
- Fixed “Change All Splash Heights?” question box not displaying Yes/No option
- Fixed issue of corner scaling on shape window when re-opening a shape for editing using metric units
- Fixed buttons not aligning properly in Customize Activity Templates form
- Fixed banjo cut dimensions swapping when re-opening a banjo oriented to the left for editing
- Fixed dropdown and button alignment for sink dimensioning form
12/20/16 – Version 4.0.2
What’s New In Version 4.0.2
- You can now view the images of slabs directly in the inventory list without having to click on an individual slab. Just hit the checkbox to turn the images on or off.
- You can now search the slab list using multiple criteria at once by clicking on the magnifying glass icon, or if you type something into the find field it will search all fields for the text you enter, including width/height/thickness.
- We have updated the Import/Export to Excel options in the utilities so that you no longer need to have a version of Microsoft Office installed in order to import/export from/to Excel.
- You can now configure the page settings when printing the schedule and save those settings for future use
- The edit window for activities on the calendar will now display the last time it was updated
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.2
- Fixed calendar not loading when schedule is configured to hide holidays
- Fixed error thrown when importing slabs from Excel
- Fixed calendar printing wider than the selected page size
- Fixed activities still appearing to be on the calendar without a refresh even though they have been deleted
- Fixed error deleting an activity from the edit window
- Reduced lag on dragging/resizing activities on the calendar
- Fixed Cancel button not appearing on activity edit window
- Fixed error saving a quote when one tab has slabs and another tab does not
- Fixed error when adding a slab to a quote that was only a general color group rather than a specific color
- Changed “Some countertops do not have pricing available” error message to be clearer about the problem so it now lists what countertops/slabs do not fit the product’s available price levels
8/3/16 – Version 4.0.1
What’s New In Version 4.0.1
Transfer to QuickBooks Online
- QuickQuote can now transfer quotes/orders to QuickBooks Online in addition to QuickBooks’ desktop accounting software. You can send quotes over as estimates or invoices.
- To set QuickQuote to transfer to QuickBooks Online instead of QuickBooks desktop, go to your Edit Company Information utility and switch the Accounting Software setting. Then you can transfer to QuickBooks Online by switching the quote status to “Order” and clicking the QuickBooks button just like with the desktop software transfer. The first time you do this, you will be required to connect to your QuickBooks Online account and authorize QuickQuote to access your company file.
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.1
- Changed shape defaults list to include the two modified U shapes
- Changed program shape defaults so that all sides that defaulted to “Cap” will now default to”Wall” instead. This will not affect shape defaults set by the user.
- Changed Week button to show week starting with Monday instead of Sunday
- Fixed an issue with the calendar updating twice in a row that could cause some activities to move timeslots
- Fixed issue with calendar not being able to be printed multiple times in a row
- Fixed issue displaying activities list for existing quotes in the schedule window
- Fixed map location not updating to reflect user selection
- Fixed route with only one stop not mapping that location
- Fixed Day/Week buttons on schedule not updating to reflect current calendar selections
- Fixed error on Day/Week/Month button click without an existing date selection
- Fixed issue where calendar did not display activities after a certain date on Week button click
- Fixed customer not automatically being selected when created with from the drop down
- Fixed image of corner on Angled L (Dogleg) shape not appearing in proper orientation in the dimension entry window
- Fixed issue where List Total did not display historical price on quote load
- Fixed slab image overlapping buttons in the Add/Edit slab window
- Fixed sink selection not always triggering price level category
- Fixed tax selection being lost when re-loading a quote
- Fixed sizing for Add A New Product button so that text should not overlap image
4/13/16 – Version 4.0
What’s New in Version 4.0
UAC Compliance and .Net 4.0
- QuickQuote has been upgraded to bring it in line with more modern versions of Windows. This means it is now running on the .Net 4.0 Framework, and all of your local data has been moved to C:\ProgramData\Crystallyne\QuickQuote so you won’t have to worry about those pesky virtual folders anymore.
***Note to System Administrators: QuickQuote will now run “AsInvoker”, so adjust your permissions accordingly***
Changes to Images
- Color, Edge, Product, and Sink Images will now be stored on your server so they only need to be set once from now on.
***Note to system administrators: make sure to give users full access to the new folders.***
- QuickQuote will now accept .jpg, .gif, and .png files as images in addition to .bmp files.
- The Customize Products utilities have all been completely overhauled. We hope this makes them much more intuitive so that you can make pricing changes faster and easier.
- You can now delete more than one item at a time by selecting them all in the grid before hitting the delete button.
- We’ve added a field that allows you to specify what Item Name an edge, premiums, service, sink, and/or splash will use when transferring to QuickBooks instead of using their QuickQuote item code.
- Splashes have a new field for their default height
- You can now set the image for an item before you save it the first time.
- We’ve added utilities to backup and restore your data.
- We’ve also upgraded the schedule calendar. This should eliminate many of the weird sizing problems you may have experienced when adding activities.
- Previously, the popup window contained a button to map the location of an activity, this has been moved to a menu when you right-click the activity.
- Also in the right-click menu is an option to add the activity to a route. Once you have all the activities on a route, click to show the route and you can send all the locations to the Google at once to map the entire route.
Slab Labels & Barcodes
- You can now print labels for the slabs in the Inventory section. These labels can be pure text, or they can include a Code 128 1D barcode or even a QR Code!
New Drawing Options
- We’ve added two new premium item types called “Radius Corner Notch” and “Notched Corner”. These allow you to draw notches by selecting them from the drop down on the shape instead of having to use a Banjo Cut.
- There’s now an option to turn on the rulers for the main drawing area in the Drawing menu.
- CTRL+Z, CTRL+Y have been activated for Undo/Redo in the drawing area. Keep in mind these only affect drawing window and not the countertop items themselves.
New Pricing Methods
- There are two new pricing methods available for products for pricing slabs.
- They are “Slab + Square Foot of Countertop” and “Slab + Square Meter of Countertop”. Unlike the traditional slab pricing methods, these will return a set price for the entire slab at that Price Level rather than being per square foot or per square meter.
- The original slab pricing methods have been renamed accordingly to “Square Foot of Slab + Square Foot of Countertop” and “Square Meter of Slab + Square Meter of Countertop”.
- The “Tabular” method has been renamed to “Piece/Blank”.
- The color selection window has been upgraded to open faster.
- If the product is set to display color images, they will now draw at 100×100 to be easier to see, and they will appear for both stock and non-stock colors if they exist.
- The search bar is now available to search both the stock and non-stock lists for a color.
- We can now customize printouts to show the color swatch and/or Tab Name.
- When entering corner dimensions, images of the corner will rotate to the same orientation of the corner selected.
- The product picture/label and the edge picture/label in the corner of the drawing area will disappear on mouseover so that it does not impact your ability to select or drag things.